The best Reviews for the best Poker Sites
PokerStars was launched in 2001 and now is the largest online poker site in the world, with approximately 50 million registered players. Thanks to its player traffic, the poker tournaments at PokerStars are second to none. These tournaments give it’s players the opportunity to become millionaires from a game of online poker. The support at PokerStars has consistently been voted the best in the business, and can be contacted 24-hours a day. PokerStars can be played on Windows and Mac computers, and on iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets.
PokerStars Pros and Cons
- 100% first deposit bonus up to $600
- Largest poker site worldwide
- Less popular games available such as badugi and triple draw
- Busy throughout the day with plenty of tournaments running
- Secure and up-to-date software
- Not available for US Players
- No live chat customer support
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
Poker Site Information
- Network: Independent (shared with Full Tilt Poker)
- Operator: Rational Intellectual Holdings Limited
- Owner/parent: Amaya Gaming
- Company headquarters: Isle of Man (IOM)
- Licenses: Operates worldwide under IOM and Malta licenses. Also licensed by UK Gambling Commission and various country specific licenses.
- Website: www.pokerstars.com
PokerStars match bonus
PokerStars currently offers a 100% poker deposit bonus up to a maximum of $600 for all new players making a first deposit. To take advantage of this offer enter our unique Marketing Code “psp21074” during the sign-up process.
When you make your first deposit make sure you enter the default PokerStars bonus code “STARS400”.
PokerStars also gives new players the opportunity to increase their poker bonus after their first deposit. New players can make a further 2 deposits in the first 60 days following their first deposit, which will still qualify towards their bonus.
For example, if you were to make a first deposit of £100 at PokerStars, you could earn a total bonus of £100. If you fully earn this £100 bonus in the first 60 days, you can deposit more funds to increase your eligible bonus. If you were to deposit £50 as your second deposit, within 60 days of your first deposit, this £50 deposit will also qualify for a 100% bonus. This means that you could potentially earn another £50 in bonuses, on top of the £100 you have already earned, totalling £150 in bonuses. The same thing would also happen if you were to make a third deposit within 60 days.
PokerStars bonuses are released by playing real money cash games and tournaments. As you play these games you will earn PokerStars VIP Player Points (VPPs). You bonus will be released into your PokerStars account (in $10 increments) when you earn the required number of VPPs.
Other PokerStars Promotions
If the 100% poker bonus up to $600 is not for you, PokerStars currently has two other promotions available. These two promotions are as follows:
- Deposit £10 and get £20 free play – To claim £20 free at PokerStars enter the poker bonus code 20FOR10 on your first $10 deposit.
- £10 no deposit poker bonus – The PokerStars no deposit poker bonus gives you a $10 free just for signing up, without the need to part with any cash! This free £10 can be used in Spin & Go’s at PokerStars, where you can win up to 10,000 times the value of your tournament ticket value. This means that in a £10 Spin & Go, a prize of £100,000 is possible! Use Star Code “SPINNING” to take advantage of this poker promotion.
Regardless of which of the above poker promotions that you choose, you are eligible for the 100K Privilege Freerolls. The 100K Privilege Freerolls gives new poker players entry to four $1000 freerolls for 31 days. That’s access to over $120,000 of prize funds!
PokerStars is renowned for its tournaments, and there’s an obvious reason for this – PokerStars has the biggest weekly online poker tournament in the world, the Sunday Million.
The Sunday Million has a total guaranteed prize fund of $1,000,000. Incredible! that means that first place in the tournament would wins over $150,000! A life-changing amount of money.
Although the entry for the Sunday Million is $215, there are plenty of satellite tournaments that you can win entry through. With the cheapest Sunday Million Satellite tournament costing an entry fee of $0.55, there’s no excuse to miss out. The Sunday Million tournament is a No Limit Hold’em style tournament and runs on Sundays at 14:30ET.
There are also several other big tournaments at PokerStars. For more information please visit this page on the PokerStars website.
PokerStars’ tournaments aren’t limited to the virtual world. They also have online satellites where players can win entry into the worlds biggest real-life poker events.
For example, there are many tournament satellites at Pokerstars where entry can be won into one of the 8 European Poker Tour (EPT) events. The EPT is the richest poker tournament in the world, and satellites at Pokerstars start at just a few dollars. The Final last year was in Monaco, where 650 players entered for a prize pool of €6,500,000. The winner won in excess of €1,200,000!
PokerStars cash games
There is a fantastic mix of poker games available at PokerStars. You can play Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, Five Card Draw, Razz and Badugi.
Blinds and buy-in are so varied at PokerStars that they are able to meet everyone’s bankroll. In No Limit Texas Hold’em, the most popular poker game, the blinds range from $200/$400 all the way down to $0.01/$0.02.
PokerStars deposit and withdrawal methods
There are a number of methods for depositing and withdrawing your funds at PokerStars. The minimum deposit at PokerStars is only $10. Banking methods at Pokerstars include:
- MasterCard (Deposit only)
- Maestro (Deposit only)
- Local Bank Transfer (Deposit only)
- Moneybookers (Deposit only)
- PokerStarsTopUp (Deposit only)
- Paysafecard (Deposit only)
- Direct Bank Transfer (Withdrawal only)
- Cheque (Withdrawal only)
- Wirecashouts (Withdrawal only)
In most instances, cash withdrawals at PokerStars are credited back to the method used for deposit.
PokerStars game features
The PokerStars software is simple and minimalist, enabling it to be incredibly quick and reliable. You are able to choose your own player name, your own player image and customise pretty much every in-play game setting you can think of. Some examples of settings you can customise include; sounds, display options, whether you show/muck your cards, chat settings and seating settings.
Some of the more recent features implemented at PokerStars include:
- Hand Replayer and History – Hand Replayer enables you to instantly replay past hands, and with Hand History you can see all cards you have been dealt in your current poker session. These two features enable you to learn from, and improve, on your mistakes. Or to try to comprehend how lucky you or your opponent was on a particular hand!
- Time tournaments – these tournaments are a great innovation for those short of time. You may want to play a poker tournament, but are limited to a certain amount of time. If this is the case Time Tournaments are ideal, you can join a Time Tournament that ends when you need to stop playing poker. And when a Time Tournament ends, all surviving players are paid out depending on their remaining chips.
- Home games – enables you to set up your own private poker games between your friends. There’s no need for all your friends to meet up to have a game of poker anymore! Home Games can be set up with both play-money and real-money.
- Hotkeys – want to speed up your actions?, with Hotkeys you can. Hotkeys enable you to assign specific poker actions to certain keyboard combinations. Hotkeys is very useful for multi-tabling, where decisions and actions often need to be made quickly.
PokerStars Security and Fairness
Security is a very important aspect to PokerStars. It is considered throughout the PokerStars experience – from registration to playing poker to withdrawals.
When you first download the PokerStars software there are checks that ensure the program is unmodified. Then when you make your first deposit, there is encryption technology that ensures your details are kept confidential. Whilst playing poker at PokerStars there are then automated tools that (1) identify any collusion and protect you from it, and (2) generate cards completely randomly so that no-one can be at an advantage from guessing the card distribution.