PokerStars was launched in 2001 and now is the largest online poker site in the world, with approximately 50 million registered players. Thanks to its player traffic, the poker tournaments available at PokerStars are second to none. These tournaments give its players the opportunity of becoming millionaires from a game of online poker.
The support at PokerStars has consistently been voted the best in the business. The support centre can be contacted 24-hours a day to help customers with any issues or questions they have.
PokerStars can be played on Windows and Mac computers, and on iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets.
PokerStars match bonus
PokerStars currently offers a 100% poker deposit bonus up to a maximum of £400 for all new players making a first deposit. To take advantage of this offer enter our unique Marketing Code “psp21074” during the sign-up process.
When you make your first deposit make sure you enter the default PokerStars bonus code “STARS400”.
PokerStars also gives new players the opportunity to maximize their poker bonus, even after their first deposit. New players at PokerStars can make a further 2 deposits in the first 60 days following their first deposit.
For example, if you were to make a first deposit of £100 you could earn a bonus of £100. If you clear this £100 bonus you may want to make another deposit, say for £50. If you make this £50 deposit within 60 days of your initial £100 deposit, the £50 deposit will also qualify for a 100% bonus. This means that you could potentially earn another £50 in bonuses, on top of the £100 you have already earned!
PokerStars bonuses are released from playing real money cash games and tournaments. As you play these games you will earn PokerStars VIP Player Points (VPPs). You bonus will be released into your PokerStars account (in $10 increments) when you earn the required number of VPPs.
Other PokerStars Promotions
If the 100% poker bonus up to $400 is not for you, PokerStars currently has two other promotions available. These two promotions are as follows:
- Deposit £10 and get £20 free play – To claim £20 free at PokerStars enter the poker bonus code 20FOR10 on your first $10 deposit.
- £10 no deposit poker bonus – The PokerStars no deposit poker bonus gives you a $10 free just for signing up, without needing to part with your own cash! This free £10 can be used in Spin & Go’s at PokerStars. You can win up to 10,000 times your tickets value in Spin & Go’s at PokerStars. So £100,000 is possible! Use Star Code “SPINNING” to take advantage of this poker promotion.
Regardless of which of the above poker promotions that you choose, you are eligible for the 100K Privilege Freerolls. The 100K Privilege Freerolls give you entry to four $1000 freerolls for 31 days. That’s access to over $120,000 of prize funds.
PokerStars is renowned for its tournaments, and it should be. PokerStars has the biggest weekly online poker tournament in the world, the Sunday Million.
The Sunday Million has a total guaranteed prize fund of $1,000,000. Incredible! that means that first place in the tournament would wins over $150,000! A life-changing amount of money.
Although the entry for the Sunday Million is a hefty $215, there are plenty of satellite tournaments that you can qualify through for next to nothing. The cheapest being $0.55. So don’t miss out on the Sunday Million No Limit Hold’em tournament, which runs on Sundays at 14:30ET.
As well as the Sunday Million, there are several other massive poker tournaments at PokerStars. For more information please visit the PokerStars website.
At PokerStars the game doesn’t stop with the world of internet poker. PokerStars also has online satellites where you can win entry into the worlds biggest real-life poker events.
For example, you can play at satellites to win entry into the European Poker Tour (EPT), the richest poker tournament in the world. Satellite buy-ins start at just a few dollars. There are a total of 8 tournaments in the EPT. The Final last year was in Monaco, where 650 players entered for a prize pool of €6,500,000. The winner won in excess of €1,200,000!
PokerStars cash games
There is a fantastic mix of poker games available at PokerStars. You can play Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, Five Card Draw, Razz and Badugi.
Blinds and buy-in are so varied at PokerStars that they are able to meet everyone’s bankroll. As an example, the blinds in No Limit Texas Hold’em cash games range from $200/$400 all the way down to $0.01/$0.02.
PokerStars deposit and withdrawal methods
There are a number of methods for depositing and withdrawing your funds at PokerStars. The minimum deposit at PokerStars is only $10. You can both deposit and withdraw with:
- MasterCard (Deposit only)
- Maestro (Deposit only)
- Local Bank Transfer (Deposit only)
- Moneybookers (Deposit only)
- PokerStarsTopUp (Deposit only)
- Paysafecard (Deposit only)
- Direct Bank Transfer (Withdrawal only)
- Cheque (Withdrawal only)
- Wirecashouts (Withdrawal only)
Cash withdrawals from PokerStars are credited back to you via the method that you made your deposit.
PokerStars game features
The PokerStars game software is simple and minimalist, enabling it to be incredibly quick and reliable. The game software enables you to choose your own player name, your own player image and customise pretty much every in-play game setting you can think of including; sounds, display options, whether you show/muck your cards, chat settings, seating settings and much more.
Some of the more recent features implemented at PokerStars include:
- Hand Replayer and History – Hand Replayer enables you to instantly replay past hands. You can also see your hand history from your current poker session. These two features enable you to learn from, and improve, on your mistakes. Or to try to comprehend how lucky you or your opponent were on a particular hand!
- Easy Seat – on cash games, PokerStars has an Easy Seat function. Easy Seat is extremely useful for players who multi-table. It enables you to sit down at a poker table with your desired preferences on a single click of the mouse.
- Time tournaments – these tournaments are a great innovation. You may want to play a poker tournament, but wouldn’t be able to see the tournament through to the end. Time Tournaments end after a specified period of time, and the surviving players are paid out depending on remaining chips.
- Home games – through this feature you can set up your own private poker games between your friends. You can play with both play-money and real-money.
- Hotkeys – want to speed up your actions?, with Hotkeys you can. Just like creating a macro on Microsoft Excel, Hotkeys enable you to configure your mouse or keyboard to make specific actions. Hotkeys is very useful for multi-tabling, where decisions need to be made quickly.
PokerStars Security and Fairness
Security is a very important aspect to PokerStars, and it is considered all the way through the PokerStars experience.
When you first download the PokerStars software there are checks that ensure the program is unmodified. Then when you make your first deposit, there is encryption technology that ensures your details are kept confidential. Whilst playing poker at PokerStars there are then automated tools that identify collusive activities to protect you from being scammed by other players. Then to further ensure that others cannot take advantage of you, PokerStars uses a random number generator to ensure all cards are dealt completely randomly and no-one can predict the distribution of cards.