Betfair was founded in 1999, and became the worlds first betting exchange. Betfair now has around one million customers across its gambling products. Betfair’s gambling products include; sports betting, casino games, poker, arcade games and bingo.
Betfair purchased its poker platform from the online poker site named “Pokerchamps” in 2005, and subsequently launched the new revised “Pokerchamps” platform under the Betfair name in 2006. Betfair Poker is now one of the leading poker brands in the UK, and is compatible with both Mac and Windows machines.
Betfair Poker match bonus
Betfair poker offers a 200% first deposit bonus up to a huge €1,500. This offer is available to all players who have not previously made a deposit (or transferred funds). The first deposit bonus means that if you deposit €750 into Betfair Poker you can play with €2,250!
You earn you Betfair poker bonus at Betfair through earning Status Points. Status Points can be earned at Betfair through playing real money cash games and poker tournaments.
Once you start playing poker at Betfair you will have 45 days from creating your poker account to earn your bonus. Your Betfair welcome bonus will be paid to you in €10 chunks, for every 1,250 Status Points that you earn.
You can track the status of you poker bonus, and the amount of Status Points you have earned, within the ‘My Account’ tab in the Betfair Poker client.
Betfair Poker Welcome Package
Betfair Poker also offers all new customers making their first deposit entry into five freerolls. These five freerolls have a combined total prize pool of €100,000 and run every Sunday. To qualify simply register at Bet365 and make a real money deposit.
In addition, Betfair will also give new players €5 free to use at the Rookie Tables. If you are new to the game of poker, this is a great opportunity to get some practice playing real-money poker for free.
Betfair Poker Tournaments
Betfair Poker’s popularity enables it to offer a good range of poker tournaments and hence the ability for you to win some serious cash! Some of the main poker tournaments offered are as follows:
- The $200,000 Sunday Special – this tournament runs at 18:00 (GMT+1) on Sundays. The buy-in to the tournament is $215 directly, but there are plenty of satellites that you can use to qualify for this tournament for under $10.
- The $30,000 GTD (Guaranteed) Sunday – this tournament runs at 19:00 (GMT+1) on Sundays. Top players often play this tournament alongside the $200,000 Sunday Special.
- The $50,000 GP High Roller Money – which runs every Monday at 20:45 (GMT+1).
- The $50,000 GP Super Tuesday R/A – which is a re-buy tournament running every Tuesday at 20:45 (GMT+1).
- The Friday $50,000 Guaranteed R/A – which is another re-buy tournament that runs at 20:00 (GMT+1) on Fridays.
- There are also Daily Major tournaments continuously running at Betfair Poker throughout the week. These tournaments have prize funds between $5,000 and $15,000 with direct entry into the tournaments from as little as $5.50!
Betfair Poker now guarantees a massive seven million dollars in poker tournament prize funds every month!
Betfair Poker cash games
Betfair Poker offers a good range of cash games, which are suited for both beginners and the most experienced poker players. You can play cash games with blind limits starting out at $0.01/$0.02, where you can teach yourself the basics of poker with an extremely small budget. Experienced poker players with the biggest budgets may choose to play at Betfair’s biggest cash game tables which have stakes of $200/$400. Of course there are poker cash games with lots of stakes in between these two extremes.
Cash games offered by Betfair Poker include:
- Texas Hold’em (Limit and No Limit)
- 7 Card Stud
- 5 Card Stud
- Omaha High-Low
Betfair Poker deposit and withdrawal methods
There are a range of options for depositing and withdrawing your funds at Betfair Poker. These options include the following:
- Debit Cards (e.g. Visa, Switch etc.)
- Bank Transfer
- Skrill (Moneybookers)
- Western Union
Betfair Poker game features
When Betfair Poker 2 was released in 2010 the software improved dramatically. The software enhanced the graphics and the poker software interface. Some of the main features of the poker software are as follows:
- A lobby system that is easy to use and enables you to set parameters to find your desired poker games – so that you can quickly be seated at an online poker table.
- The ability to re-size the window of each poker table you play at, and the ability to play at 12 poker tables at any one time.
- The ability to play Betfair poker using MAC OS 10.4 or higher.
- The option to select and design your own avatar, or switch off avatars if preferred.
- Logging of your poker hand history. This will enable to review you poker strategy and improve your play.
Betfair Poker Security and Fairness
Betfair Poker uses a random number generator (RNG) to deal its cards in online poker. RNG’s mean that it is impossible to predict the next cards that will be dealt based on cards previously generated. Betfair Poker’s RNG software is tested on a monthly basis by an independent third party named eCogra.
Betfair’s access security enforces a 2-step authentication process for its customers. Once you have entered a user name and password, customers are also required to to enter a one-time code, which Betfair will send to your mobile.
Betfair is ISO270001 certified. ISO270001 is an global Information Security Management standard. The fact that Betfair is certified to this standard shows how seriously Betfair takes security and demonstrates that they are willing to have regular independent audits.
Betfair is bound by data protection laws in relation to personal information. Betfair uses SSL to encrypt personal data when you it is sent to Betfair’s servers.