Betfair Poker Review
The best Reviews for the best Poker Sites
Betfair was founded in 1999, and became the world’s first betting exchange. Betfair now claims to have over one million active customers across its gambling products, which include; sports betting, casino games, poker, arcade games and bingo. Until 2016, Betfair had its independent “Pokerchamps” gaming platform. However, Betfair merged with Paddy Power in 2016, to form Paddy Power Betfair Plc. It is now part of the iPoker network and is compatible on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
Betfair Poker Pros and Cons
- 200% first deposit bonus up to €1000
- Account allows access across all Betfair products
- The ultimate owner of Betfair, Paddy Power Betfair Plc, is highly trusted as it is listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Not available for US, Canadian or New Zealand Players
- Limited poker game types
- Not suited to high stakes players
Betfair Poker Video
- United Kingdom
Poker Site Information
- Network: iPoker Network
- Operator: Betfair International Plc
- Owner/parent: Paddy Power Betfair
- Company headquarters: Malta
- License: Malta Gaming Authority & UK Gambling Commission
- Website: www.betfair.com
Betfair Poker match bonus
Betfair poker offers a 200% first deposit bonus up to a huge €1000. This means that with a deposit of €500 at Betfair, players can generate up to €1000 in bonuses! This offer is available to all new players who have not previously made a deposit at Betfair Poker.
The Betfair poker bonus is obtained through earning Status Points. Status Points are awarded to players for participating in real money cash games and poker tournaments.
After you register and make your first deposit, Betfair gives players 45 days to earn their bonus. The bonus is released in in €10 chunks, for every 1,250 Status Points earned.
Players at Betfair can track their poker bonus, and the number of Status Points they have earned, by reviewing the ‘My Account’ tab in the Betfair Poker software client.
Betfair Poker Welcome Package
As well a bonus, Betfair Poker offers all new customers making their first deposit entry into five freeroll tournaments, with a total combined prize pool of €100,000. These freerolls run every Sunday.
In addition, Betfair also gives new depositing players €5 free for them to use at their Rookie Tables. These tables, and the €5 free, are a great opportunity for those that are new to poker to get some practice at real-money poker.
Betfair Poker Tournaments
Betfair Poker’s popularity enables it to offer a good range of poker tournaments, with the opportunity for players to win some serious cash! Some of the main poker tournaments at Betfair are:
- The $200,000 Sunday Special – this tournament runs at 18:00 (GMT+1) on Sundays. The direct buy-in to the tournament is $215. However, there are plenty of satellites that you can use to qualify for this tournament where entry costs less than $10.
- The $30,000 GTD (Guaranteed) Sunday – this tournament runs at 19:00 (GMT+1) on Sundays. Top poker players often participate in this tournament alongside the $200,000 Sunday Special.
- The $50,000 GP High Roller Money – running every Monday at 20:45 (GMT+1).
- The $50,000 GP Super Tuesday R/A – this is a re-buy tournament running every Tuesday at 20:45 (GMT+1).
- The Friday $50,000 Guaranteed R/A – this is another re-buy tournament that runs at 20:00 (GMT+1) on Fridays.
- There are also Daily Major tournaments that run throughout the week at Betfair Poker. The Daily Majors have prize funds between $5,000 and $15,000, and you can buy-into them directly for as little as $5.50!
Betfair Poker now guarantees a massive seven million dollars in poker tournament prize funds every month!
Betfair Poker cash games
Betfair Poker offers a good range of cash games, suited to both beginners and the more experienced poker players.
Cash games at Betfair Poker have blind limits starting at $0.01/$0.02. These lower stakes tables are good for players who want to get to learn the basics of the game, without risking too much of their bankroll. Experienced poker players at Betfair, with the biggest budgets, may choose to play at cash game tables with blinds of $200/$400. Between blinds of $0.01/$0.02 and $200/$400, there are a huge range of different blind options, that would suit nearly all poker player’s preferences.
Cash games offered by Betfair Poker include:
- Texas Hold’em (Limit and No Limit)
- 7 Card Stud
- 5 Card Stud
- Omaha High-Low
Betfair Poker deposit and withdrawal methods
There options for depositing and withdrawing your funds at Betfair Poker include:
- Debit Cards (e.g. Visa, Switch etc.)
- Bank Transfer
- Skrill (Moneybookers)
- Western Union
Betfair Poker game features
When version 2 of the Betfair Poker software was released in 2010, there was a dramatic improvement in graphics and functionality. Some of the main features of the Betfair poker software are as follows:
- A lobby system that is easy-to-use, which enables customers to set parameters to find their desired poker games quickly.
- The ability to re-size the window of each poker table, and the ability to play at 12 poker tables at any one time.
- The ability to play Betfair poker using MAC OS 10.4 or higher.
- The option to select and design your own avatar, or switch off avatars if preferred.
- The logging of poker hand history, which enables players to review how they played in earlier hands. This can help players assess their poker strategy and improve their play.
Betfair Poker Security and Fairness
Betfair Poker uses a random number generator (RNG) to deal its cards in online poker. A true RNG makes it impossible for anyone to predict future cards that will be dealt. Betfair Poker’s RNG software is tested on a monthly basis by an independent third party named eCogra.
Betfair’s access security enforces a 2-step authentication process for its customers. Once players have entered their user name and password, they are also required to to enter a one-time code, which Betfair will send to their mobile. This results in a very strong defense against any unauthoized access attempt.
Betfair is ISO270001 certified. ISO270001 is a global Information Security Management standard, which requires significant work and cost to achieve. The fact that Betfair is certified to this standard shows how seriously Betfair takes security.
Betfair is bound by data protection laws in relation to personal information. Betfair uses SSL to encrypt personal data when it is sent from your computer to Betfair’s servers.